UpcomingPhysical Medicine & Rehabilitation Ultrasound Focus Series: Ultrasound Guided Lower Limb Injection Procedures – Ramsey, NJ
Event Phone: 1-973-633-1500
December 14, 2019
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Ultrasound Focus Series
ULTRASOUND HANDS-ON WORKSHOP: Ultrasound Guided Lower Limb Injection Procedures
Todd P. Stitik, MD, RMSK and President – New Jersey Society of PM&R
Todd Stitik is a Professor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
His primary clinical interests include musculoskeletal ultrasound, osteoarthritis and image-guided injection procedures.
The workshop will consist of lecture and video material from actual injections within the musculoskeletal system
- Videotaped examples of actual injection procedures
- Hands-on small group scanning for simulated injection procedures
General principles of ultrasound-guided injection procedures including in-plane, out-of-plane, and oblique plane approaches
- Assess how to optimize ultrasound images during injection procedures for optimal needle visualization
- Review the best position to optimally place patients for injections into the hip, knee and ankle region
- Demonstrate injection procedures for each region: hip, knee and foot/ankle
- Review the basic sonographic anatomy of the normal lower limb
- Identify common pathologic processes involving the lower limb as seen
during diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasound evaluations
- Perform simulated ultrasound-guided lower limb region injection procedures
Albert Einstein College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
This activity is made possible by an educational grant, and in-kind contribution of ultrasound machines from Konica Minolta.